Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Update

Nearly three years ago, I boarded a plane in Toronto and flew to Tel Aviv.  I interned at a medical device company, lived alone in a foreign country, learned more about the State of Israel and the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, ran a marathon, explored beautiful beaches, gardens, parks, cities and historical sites, and blogged all about it. 

After that, my senior year came to a close and real life beckoned. 

For a while, I thought “real” life and a “real” job meant the end of the adventures, and especially the end of writing about the adventures, since the adventures are much more spaced out now. 

But adventures are still adventures, even if only occurring every few months (and don’t get me wrong, the world of analytics and hospital improvement is full of adventures of its own), so without further ado, the travel blog is back, except I won’t *only* be dawdling through the desert this time around. 

I’ll be dawdling through beach towns, mountains, big cities, forests, giant sand dunes - you name it. 

And I’m still working on my quest to run a marathon on every continent. 

After running the Tel Aviv Marathon in February of 2016, I went through a triathlon phase, but after one sprint, one Olympic and one half Ironman, I decided that starting the race in dead last (because I’m such a bad swimmer and I can’t swim in a straight line) wasn’t my cup of tea. 
But after working in Boston for over a year, and then finding myself with a bit of time in between jobs, in October of 2017, I ran the Melbourne Marathon with spectacularly little training, and this past September I ran the Marathon Touraine Loire Valley in Tours, France (I was quite possibly the only non French speaking participant, but hey, it’s all about immersion, right?).

So here’s to adventures not ending once you get a desk job!




No comments:

Post a Comment